Welcome To Addis Ababa

Image

Addis Ababa simply means “New Flower”, two words that Emperor Menelik II used to name the town, which he found in 1886.  There is no question that the meaning of Addis Ababa directs one’s thought toward “Finding Beauty In Nature”.  If one takes time to explore this interesting city, definitely will find green spots to admire nature and most importantly greeted by ordinary but beautiful Addis Ababa birds, which I want to celebrate today along with my favorite quotes about finding beauty in nature and in ordinary. ImageImageImageImage

Well I want to close up this post, with one of my favorite quotes about LIFE and I have a special reason which I want to share with you all… it is my birthday! I also want to say Happy Birthday to all the other people in the world who are celebrating their birthday today and leave you with this lustrous beautiful bird from…Image

Addis Ababa!

This entry was posted in Adventure, Africa, Birds, Inspiration, Nature, Quote, Quote of the day, Tourism, Travel, Travel and Tourism, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Welcome To Addis Ababa

1. Theresa says:

Happy, Happy Birthday, Sara. You are a gift to me, and to the world!

2. wrygrass.com says:

Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your special day. Both of my grown children are August babies as well – it’s a special month, indeed.

3. Joyeux Anniversaire, Sara! Thanks for visiting my blog, too.

4. Violet says:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Sara! I hope you enjoyed your special day, and thanks for sharing such meaningful and insightful quotes on life with us. Wishing you love, joy, peace and good health and dreams coming true this year! 🙂 Cheers to you & life!!!!! ^^

5. Well this is belated too, but happy birthday ;0) I am just blown away by this post too!! Could I suggest you add the widget for top rated, viewed and/or liked posts? Sometimes I don’t have a ton of time to get on WordPress, so that might be an easy way to navigate, or even list your favorites of your own posts? I don’t know, that last one and this one, just wow. Absolutely gorgeous and elegantly expressed. Just phenomenal. Great work. I look forward to exploring your blog more in the future ;0)

6. Denise says:

It’s all so beautiful on your post! I’m using one of the images on mine, OK? I will quote you, of course! Congratulations for such an inspiring post, I really loved it! denisesplanet,com

7. Pingback: Dún Laoghaire – sun, sea, fun! | Denise's Planet

8. Lori Longbotham says:

Happy Belated Birthday Sara! I am very very excited because in 3 weeks I will leave NYC and come to Addis! Do you have any specific recommendations for me while I am there? Places to eat, food to try, what to see at the markets, who has the best coffee, or whatever you think i should know? Thank you!

• Sara Genene says:

Thank you so much for the Birthday wish and I will send you an e-mail about my suggestions things you can do while you are in Addis!

• Lori Longbotham says:

I am thrilled to hear that–thank you! I have been writing about food in magazines and books forever–and am very interested in the real food of your country. The markets look thrilling–but I could use some guidance! I’m also a metal-smith–and very interested in jewelry–if you have any ideas for me about that.
        All my best wishes, and thank you, Sara!
        Lori